Participate in the nationwide day of action for early learning and child care on November 30
Mark your calendar for November 30 and participate in the nationwide day of action for early learning and child care. With the ongoing cost of living crisis, there are hundreds of thousands of Canadian families struggling to find a suitable childcare space when they need it the most. To address this crucial issue, we urge the federal, provincial, and territorial governments to take the following steps:
– Ensure fair wages for early childhood educators and other staff
– Allocate funds for the capital expenses needed to eliminate the gaps in child care spaces
– Make quality child care accessible to everyone, regardless of their socio-economic status
You can contribute to this worthy cause by doing the following:
- Join the Canada-wide phone zap on November 30.
- Sign the open letter.
- Use the child care advocacy tool kit.
We can’t put children first if we put educators last.
For more information, please visit Child Care Now.