Health Administrative Day of Action protests across the province were held today
Thousands of health care administrative professionals and union/community supporters joined lunch-hour pickets being held at hospitals province-wide today.
NSGEU President and NSFL First Vice-President Sandra Mullen and NSFL President Danny Cavanagh were at the University Avenue site. (Pictured here)
These workers are calling attention to the fact that their contract will be three years expired this October, they are among the lowest-paid health care workers in Atlantic Canada, and their employers and government have offered them a wage package that equates to a pay cut.
Red t-shirts and union flags were on full display at all the locations:
• Halifax, University Avenue
• Dartmouth, Dartmouth General Hospital
• Cape Breton, Cape Breton Regional Hospital
• Truro, Colchester East Hants Health Centre
• Windsor, Hants Community Hospital
• Kentville, Valley Regional Hospital
• Bridgewater, South Shore Regional Hospital
• Yarmouth, Yarmouth Regional Hospital
• Antigonish, St. Martha’s Regional Hospital
• New Glasgow, Aberdeen Hospital
• Amherst, Cumberland Colchester Hospital